respondent(redirected from respondent behavior)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to respondent behavior: Respondent conditioning
1. One who responds.
2. Law The defending party in certain legal proceedings, as in a case brought by petition.
1. Giving or given as an answer; responsive.
2. Law Of or being a respondent in a proceeding.
re·spon′dence, re·spon′den·cy n.
(Law) law a person against whom a petition, esp in a divorce suit, or appeal is brought
a less common word for responsive
1. a person who responds or makes reply.
2. a defendant, esp. in appellate and divorce proceedings.adj.
3. giving a response.
4. being a respondent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||respondent - the codefendant (especially in a divorce proceeding) who is accused of adultery with the corespondent|
|2.||respondent - someone who responds |
communicator - a person who communicates with others
assenter - a person who assents
interviewee - a person who is interviewed
|Adj.||1.||respondent - replying; "an answering glance"; "an answering smile"|
responsive - readily reacting or replying to people or events or stimuli; showing emotion; "children are often the quickest and most responsive members of the audience"