resting(redirected from resting osteoblast)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Occurring during a state of inactivity: a resting pulse.
2. Biology In a temporary phase of not growing, dividing, or being active: the resting brain; resting spores.
1. not moving or working; at rest
2. (Theatre) euphemistic (of an actor) out of work
3. (Botany) (esp of plant spores) undergoing a period of dormancy before germination
4. (Biology) (of cells) not undergoing mitosis
a. inactivo-a, en reposo, en estado de descanso.