retool(redirected from retooling)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. re·tooled, re·tool·ing, re·tools
1. To fit out (a factory, for example) with a new set of machinery and tools for making a different product.
2. To revise and reorganize, especially for the purpose of updating or improving: had to retool the city's economy.
To fit out a factory with a new set of machinery and tools.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) to replace, re-equip, or rearrange the tools in (a factory, etc)
2. chiefly US and Canadian to revise or reorganize
1. to replace the tools and machinery of (a factory).
2. to rearrange, usu. for updating.v.i.
3. to replace the tools or machinery of a factory.
Past participle: retooled
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||retool - revise or reorganize, especially for the purpose of updating and improving; "We must retool the town's economy"|
|2.||retool - provide (a workshop or factory) with new tools|