Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. re·touched, re·touch·ing, re·touch·es
1. To add new details or touches to for correction or improvement.
2. To improve or change (a photographic negative or print), as by adding details or removing flaws.
3. To color (recent growth of hair) to match hair that was tinted, dyed, or bleached at an earlier date.
4. Archaeology To modify (a flaked stone tool) by secondary flaking along the cutting edge.
To give or make retouches.
n. (rē′tŭch′, rē-tŭch′)
The act, process, or an instance of retouching.
1. (Art Terms) to restore, correct, or improve (a painting, make-up, etc) with new touches
2. (Photography) photog to alter (a negative or print) by painting over blemishes or adding details
3. to make small finishing improvements to
4. (Archaeology) archaeol to detach small flakes from (a stone) in order to make a tool
5. (Art Terms) the art or practice of retouching
6. (Photography) the art or practice of retouching
7. (Art Terms) a detail that is the result of retouching
8. (Photography) a detail that is the result of retouching
9. (Art Terms) a photograph, painting, etc, that has been retouched
10. (Photography) a photograph, painting, etc, that has been retouched
11. (Archaeology) archaeol fine percussion to shape flakes of stone into usable tools
re•touch(v. riˈtʌtʃ; n. ˈriˌtʌtʃ, riˈtʌtʃ)
1. to improve with new touches, details, or the like; touch up, as a painting or makeup.
2. to alter (a photograph) after development by adding or removing lines, lightening areas, etc.
3. to tint or bleach (a new growth of hair) to match previously dyed hair.n.
4. an added touch, as to a painting, by way of improvement or alteration.
5. an act or instance of retouching.
Past participle: retouched
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||retouch - give retouches to (hair); "retouch the roots"|
|2.||retouch - alter so as to produce a more desirable appearance; "This photograph has been retouched!"|
enhance - make better or more attractive; "This sauce will enhance the flavor of the meat"