retread(redirected from retrodden)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to retrodden: retros
tr.v. re·tread·ed, re·tread·ing, re·treads
1. To fit (a worn automotive tire) with a new tread.
2. To make or do over again, especially with minimal revision; rehash: retreading a familiar story line.
1. A tire that has been fitted with a new tread.
2. A revision or reworking; a remake or rehash: a trite retread of an old musical.
3. Informal A person who has been retrained for work.
vb, -treads, -treading or -treaded
(Automotive Engineering) (tr) another word for remould2
1. (Automotive Engineering) another word for remould3
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) informal Austral and NZ a pensioner who has resumed employment, esp in a former profession
3. (Film) a film, piece of music, etc, which is a superficially altered version of an earlier original
4. (Pop Music) a film, piece of music, etc, which is a superficially altered version of an earlier original
5. a film, piece of music, etc, which is a superficially altered version of an earlier original
re•tread(v. riˈtrɛd; n. ˈriˌtrɛd)
1. to put a new tread on (a worn pneumatic tire casing) either by recapping or by cutting fresh treads.
2. to revive or rework, esp. without the inventiveness of the original.n.
3. a tire that has been retreaded.
4. Informal. a person returned to a position or occupation after retirement or dismissal.
5. a reviving or reworking of an old or familiar idea, story, etc.
Past participle: retreaded
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||retread - a used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads|
|Verb||1.||retread - use again in altered form; "retread an old plot"|
|2.||retread - give new treads to (a tire)|