revolved(redirected from revolvedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. re·volved, re·volv·ing, re·volves
1. To orbit a central point: The planets revolve around the sun.
2. To turn on an axis; rotate. See Synonyms at turn.
3. To be arranged as revolving credit: His credit line revolves.
4. To be centered: Their troubles revolve around money management.
1. To cause to revolve.
2. To ponder or reflect on: revolved the matter in his mind.
[Middle English revolven, to change direction, from Old French revolver, to reflect upon, from Latin revolvere, to turn over, roll back, reflect upon : re-, re- + volvere, to roll; see wel- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.