Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
rhymealso rime (rīm)
1. Correspondence of sounds at the ends of words or phrases, especially when involving the last stressed vowel and all succeeding sounds in each of two or more such words or phrases.
2. A word that exhibits such correspondence with another, as behold and cold.
a. A poem or verse employing such correspondence as a formal feature, especially at the ends of lines.
b. Poetry or verse of this kind.
v. rhymed, rhym·ing, rhymes also rimed or rim·ing or rimes
1. To form a rhyme.
2. To compose rhymes or verse.
3. To make use of rhymes in composing verse.
1. To put into rhyme or compose with rhymes.
2. To use (a word or words) as a rhyme.
(Poetry) constructed so as to rhyme