rifling(redirected from riflings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The process or operation of cutting spiral grooves in a rifle barrel.
2. Grooves cut in a rifle barrel.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) the cutting of spiral grooves on the inside of a firearm's barrel
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) the series of grooves so cut
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the cutting of spiral grooves in a gun barrel, pipe, etc.
2. the system of grooves so cut.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.