Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who rises, especially from sleep: a late riser.
2. The vertical part of a stair step.
3. A platform, as for elevating a group of people above a crowd, often arranged with similar platforms in tiers.
1. a person who rises, esp from bed: an early riser.
2. (Architecture) the vertical part of a stair or step
3. (Architecture) a vertical pipe, esp one within a building
1. a person who rises, esp. from bed.
2. the vertical face of a stair step.
a. a long low platform on which persons can stand for greater visibility, as on a stage.
b. risers, a group of such platforms connected in stepwise fashion, often used for sitting.
4. a vertical pipe, duct, or conduit.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||riser - a person who rises (especially from bed); "he's usually a late riser"|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
early bird - a person who gets up very early in the morning
|2.||riser - a vertical pipe in a building|
|3.||riser - structural member consisting of the vertical part of a stair or step|
stair, step - support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway; "he paused on the bottom step"
structural member - support that is a constituent part of any structure or building