Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A show presented by a touring theater company.
2. A new movie shown at selected theaters usually for higher ticket prices.
3. A traveling presentation advocating a political idea or agenda.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
a. a radio show broadcast live from one of a number of towns or venues being visited by a disc jockey who is touring an area
b. the touring disc jockey and the personnel and equipment needed to present such a show: the Radio 1 road show will be in Brighton next week.
2. a group of entertainers, esp pop musicians, on tour
3. any occasion when an organization attracts publicity while touring or visiting: an antiques road show; a royal road show.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a show, as a play or musical comedy, performed by a touring group of actors.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.