Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A test of a motor vehicle's operating capability under actual road conditions.
2. A test of driving ability on the road required of a candidate for a driver's license.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a test to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy, esp after repair or servicing, by driving it on roads
2. a test of something in actual use
3. (Automotive Engineering) to test (a vehicle) in this way
4. to test (something) in a real and appropriate context
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a check of an automobile's performance in actual operation on the road.
2. an examination of driving skill, conducted in normal traffic, esp. as a requirement for a driver's license.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||road test - a test to insure that a vehicle is roadworthy|
test, trial run, tryout, trial - trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
test drive - test of the roadworthiness of a vehicle one is considering buying
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.