road test(redirected from road-tests)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A test of a motor vehicle's operating capability under actual road conditions.
2. A test of driving ability on the road required of a candidate for a driver's license.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a test to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy, esp after repair or servicing, by driving it on roads
2. a test of something in actual use
3. (Automotive Engineering) to test (a vehicle) in this way
4. to test (something) in a real and appropriate context
1. a check of an automobile's performance in actual operation on the road.
2. an examination of driving skill, conducted in normal traffic, esp. as a requirement for a driver's license.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||road test - a test to insure that a vehicle is roadworthy|
test, trial run, tryout, trial - trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
test drive - test of the roadworthiness of a vehicle one is considering buying