Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. roamed, roam·ing, roams
1. To move about without purpose or plan; wander. See Synonyms at wander.
2. To turn the attention from one subject to another with little clarity or coherence of thought: I could hear the speaker, but my thoughts were roaming.
a. To move or pass over the body: His hands roamed over her body.
b. To be directed without apparent purpose; look in an idle or casual manner: Her eyes roamed around the room.
4. To use a cell phone network outside of a home service area as defined by a service plan.
1. To wander over or through: roamed the streets.
2. To be directed over or around (an area): Her gaze roamed the beach.
The act or an instance of roaming.
[Middle English romen.]
(Telecommunications) the facility to use a mobile phone outside its normal area of registration, for example when abroad