Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A factory in which metal is rolled into sheets, bars, or other forms.
2. A machine used for rolling metal.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Metallurgy) a mill or factory where ingots of heated metal are passed between rollers to produce sheets or bars of a required cross section and form
2. (Metallurgy) a machine having rollers that may be shaped to reduce ingots, etc, to a required cross section and form
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a mill where metal is passed between rolls to give it a certain thickness or cross-sectional form.
2. a machine or set of rollers for rolling out or shaping metal.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.