rotating(redirected from rotatingly)
v. ro·tat·ed, ro·tat·ing, ro·tates
1. To turn around on an axis or center. See Synonyms at turn.
2. To proceed in sequence; take turns or alternate: Interns will rotate through the various departments.
1. To cause to turn on an axis or center.
a. To plant or grow (crops) in a fixed order of succession.
b. To cause to alternate or proceed in sequence: The coach rotates her players frequently near the end of the game.
Having radiating parts; wheel-shaped.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. revolving around a central axis, line, or point: the rotating blades of a helicopter.
2. passing in turn to each of two or more eligible parties: the rotating presidency of the EU.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
rotating[rəʊˈteɪtɪŋ] adj (revolving) → rotante
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995