Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to rottenly: routinely
adj. rot·ten·er, rot·ten·est
1. Being in a state of putrefaction or decay; decomposed.
2. Having a foul odor resulting from or suggestive of decay; putrid.
3. Made weak or unsound by rot: rotten floorboards.
4. Morally corrupt or despicable: She's rotten to the core.
5. Very bad; wretched: rotten weather.
To a very great degree: The child is spoiled rotten.
[Middle English roten, from Old Norse rotinn.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005