Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||rough in - prepare in preliminary or sketchy form|
prepare - to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery; "prepare a report"; "prepare a speech"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. Having a surface that is not smooth:
3. Violently disturbed or agitated, as by storms:
4. Requiring great or extreme bodily, mental, or spiritual strength:
7. Lacking in delicacy or refinement:
9. Disagreeable to the sense of hearing:
10. In a primitive state; not domesticated or cultivated; produced by nature:
11. Not perfected, elaborated, or completed:
rough in or out
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.