roughneck(redirected from roughnecked)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. An uncouth person.
2. A rowdy.
3. A member of the crew of an oil rig other than the driller.
1. a rough or violent person; thug
2. (Mining & Quarrying) a worker in an oil-drilling operation
1. a rough, coarse person; tough.
2. a laborer working on an oil-drilling rig.v.i.
3. to work as a roughneck.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roughneck - a cruel and brutal fellow |
bullyboy - a swaggering tough; usually one acting as an agent of a political faction
muscleman, muscle - a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard; "the drug lord had his muscleman to protect him"
skinhead - a young person who belongs to a British or American group that shave their heads and gather at rock concerts or engage in white supremacist demonstrations