Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A gambling game in which the players bet on which slot of a rotating disk a small ball will come to rest in.
a. A small toothed disk of tempered steel attached to a handle and used to make rows of dots, slits, or perforations, as in engraving or on a sheet of postage stamps.
b. Any of the short consecutive incisions made between individual stamps in a sheet for easy separation.
tr.v. rou·lett·ed, rou·lett·ing, rou·lettes
To mark or divide with a roulette.
1. (Gambling, except Cards) a gambling game in which a ball is dropped onto a spinning horizontal wheel divided into 37 or 38 coloured and numbered slots, with players betting on the slot into which the ball will fall
2. (Tools) a toothed wheel for making a line of perforations
3. a tiny slit made by such a wheel on a sheet of stamps as an aid to tearing it apart
4. (Mathematics) a curve generated by a point on one curve rolling on another
(Tools) to use a roulette on (something), as in engraving, making stationery, etc
[C18: from French, from rouelle a little wheel, from roue a wheel, from Latin rota]
n., v. -let•ted, -let•ting. n.
1. a game of chance in which a small ball is spun on a dishlike device (roulette′ wheel`), with players betting on which of the black or red numbered compartments the ball will come to rest in.
2. a small wheel with sharp teeth, used for making lines of marks or perforations.
3. a row of short cuts, in which no paper is removed, made between individual stamps to permit their ready separation.v.t.
4. to mark, impress, or perforate with a roulette.
[1725–35; < French, diminutive of rouelle wheel]
Past participle: rouletted
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roulette - a line generated by a point on one figure rolling around a second figure|
cycloid - a line generated by a point on a circle rolling along a straight line
epicycloid - a line generated by a point on a circle rolling around another circle
hypocycloid - a line generated by a point on a circle that rolls around inside another circle
|2.||roulette - a wheel with teeth for making a row of perforations|
wheel - a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
|3.||roulette - a gambling game in which players bet on which compartment of a revolving wheel a small ball will come to rest in|
رُوليتروليت: لُعْبَة قِمار بِواسِطَة دولاب
môn chôi Roulette
roulette[ruːˈlet] N → ruleta f
roulette[ruːˈlɛt] n → roulette f inv
a game of chance, played with a ball on a revolving wheel. roelet روليت: لُعْبَة قِمار بِواسِطَة دولاب рулетка roleta ruleta das Roulett roulette ρουλέταruleta rulett بازی رولت یا قمار ruletti rouletteרולטה एक प्रकार का खेल rulet rulett rolet rúlletta roulette ルーレット 룰렛(도박의 일종) ruletė rulete rolet rouletterulettruletka قمار roleta ruletă рулетка ruleta ruleta rulet roulett การพนันหมุนวงล้อโดยมีลูกให้ตกตามหมายเลข rulet 俄羅斯輪盤 рулетка ایک طرح کا جوءے کا کھیل trò chơi đánh bài ru-lét 轮盘赌