Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A folk dance performed with the dancers arranged in a circle.
2. A ballroom dance in which couples proceed in a circular direction around the room.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Dancing) a dance in which the dancers form a circle
2. (Dancing) a ballroom dance, such as the waltz, in which couples revolve
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a dance in which the dancers are arranged in or move about in a circle or ring.
2. a dance performed by couples and characterized by circular or revolving movement, as the waltz.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||round dance - a folk dance; dancers form a circle|
folk dance, folk dancing - a style of dancing that originated among ordinary people (not in the royal courts)
schottische - a German round dance resembling a slow polka
|2.||round dance - a ballroom dance characterized by revolving movement|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.