roustabout(redirected from roustabouts)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A laborer employed for temporary or unskilled jobs, as in an oil field.
2. A circus laborer.
3. A deck or wharf laborer, especially on the Mississippi River.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Professions) an unskilled labourer on an oil rig
2. (Agriculture) Austral another word for rouseabout
3. (Professions) Austral another word for rouseabout
4. (Professions) US and Canadian a labourer in a circus or fairground
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a wharf laborer or deck hand.
2. a circus laborer who helps to set up tents, care for the animals, etc.
3. any unskilled laborer, esp. one working in an oil field.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roustabout - a member of a ship's crew who performs manual labor|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
roustabout[ˈraʊstəbaʊt] N (US) → peón m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
roustabout[ˈraʊstəbaʊt] (US) n → manœuvre m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007