Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of several tropical plants yielding sap that can be coagulated to form crude rubber.
2. A small tree (Ficus elastica) that has large, oblong, glossy, leathery leaves and is a popular houseplant.
1. (Plants) a moraceous plant, Ficus elastica, with glossy leathery leaves: a tall tree in India and Malaya, it is cultivated as a house plant in Europe and America
2. (Plants) any of several tropical trees, the sap of which yields rubber. See also rubber tree
1. an Asian tree, Ficus elastica, of the mulberry family, having oblong, shiny, leathery leaves, used as a source of rubber and cultivated as a houseplant.
2. any plant yielding rubber.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rubber plant - large tropical Asian tree frequently dwarfed as a houseplant; source of Assam rubber|
fig tree - any moraceous tree of the tropical genus Ficus; produces a closed pear-shaped receptacle that becomes fleshy and edible when mature