runabout(redirected from runabouts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. A small motorboat.
b. A light aircraft.
c. A small, open automobile or carriage.
2. A vagabond or wanderer.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a small car, esp one for use in a town
2. (Aeronautics) a light aircraft
3. (Nautical Terms) a light motorboat
4. a person who moves about constantly or busily
(intr, adverb) to move busily from place to place
1. a small, light automobile with an open top; roadster.
2. a small pleasure motorboat.
3. a person who roves around from place to place.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||runabout - an open automobile having a front seat and a rumble seat|
auto, automobile, car, motorcar, machine - a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
rumble seat - a folding outside seat in the back of some early cars