Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A natural deposit of exposed salt that animals lick.
2. A block of salt, often with added minerals or vitamins, set out for animals such as cattle, horses, sheep, or deer to lick.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) a place where wild animals go to lick naturally occurring salt deposits
2. (Zoology) a block of salt or a salt preparation given to domestic or farm animals to lick
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a place to which animals go to lick naturally occurring salt deposits.
2. a block of salt or salt preparation provided, as in a pasture, for cattle, horses, etc.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.