Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to salter: Salter osteotomy
1. One that manufactures or sells salt.
2. One that treats meat, fish, or other foods with salt.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Commerce) a person who deals in or manufactures salt
2. (Cookery) a person who treats meat, fish, etc, with salt
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who makes or sells salt.
2. a person whose job is to salt meat, fish, etc.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||salter - someone who uses salt to preserve meat or fish or other foods|
preserver - a cook who preserves fruits or meat
|2.||salter - someone who makes or deals in salt|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.