Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Having teeth resembling the teeth of a saw: saw-toothed sharks.
2. often saw·tooth (-to͞oth′) Having a jagged or zigzag pattern, outline, or course; serrate: a saw-toothed mountain range; a sawtooth curve.
1. (Electronics) (of a waveform) having an amplitude that varies linearly with time between two values, the interval in one direction often being much greater than the other
2. (Electronics) having or generating such a waveform
n., pl. -teeth (-ˌtiθ)
1. one of the cutting teeth of a saw.adj.
2. having a zigzag profile, like that of the cutting edge of a saw; serrate.
n → Sägezahn m