schizoid(redirected from schizoids)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to schizoids: schizoid personality
1. Of, related to, or having schizoid personality disorder.
2. Of, relating to, or suggestive of schizophrenia. No longer in scientific use.
3. Informal Relating to or characterized by the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic elements: "This schizoid town is part resort, part sardine cannery" (Jean Anderson).
A person with schizoid personality disorder.
1. (Psychology) psychol denoting a personality disorder characterized by lack of close relationships with other people and more than usual self-absorption
2. informal offensive characterized by or showing conflicting or contradictory attitudes, ideas, etc
(Psychology) a person who has a schizoid personality
Usage: Rather than referring to someone as a schizoid it is better to talk about a person with a schizoid personality disorder
1. of or pertaining to a personality disorder marked by dissociation, passivity, and indifference to praise or criticism.
2. of or pertaining to schizophrenia or to multiple personality.n.
3. a schizoid person.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||schizoid - characterized by symptoms similar to but less severe than schizophrenia|
personality disorder - inflexible and maladaptive patterns of behavior
|Adj.||1.||schizoid - of or relating to or characteristic of schizophrenia|
|2.||schizoid - marked by withdrawal and inability to form close relationships|
n (PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHIATRY) → schizoïde mf
(PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHIATRY) → schizoïde mf
[person] (= moody) → lunatique
schizoid[ˈskɪtsɔɪd] adj & n → schizoide (m/f)
a. esquizoide, semejante a la esquizofrenia.