schooling(redirected from schoolings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Instruction or training given at school.
2. Education obtained through experience or exposure: Her tumultuous childhood was a unique schooling.
3. The training of a horse or a horse and rider in equitation.
1. (Education) education, esp when received at school
2. the process of teaching or being taught in a school
3. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) the training of an animal, esp of a horse for dressage
4. an archaic word for reprimand
1. instruction, education, or training, esp. when received in a school.
2. Archaic. a reprimand.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||schooling - the act of teaching at school|
|2.||schooling - the process of being formally educated at a school; "what will you do when you finish school?"|
education - the gradual process of acquiring knowledge; "education is a preparation for life"; "a girl's education was less important than a boy's"
|3.||schooling - the training of an animal (especially the training of a horse for dressage)|