Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A small piece or bit; a fragment.
2. scraps Leftover bits of food.
3. Discarded waste material, especially metal suitable for reprocessing.
4. scraps Crisp pieces of rendered animal fat; cracklings.
tr.v. scrapped, scrap·ping, scraps
1. To break down into parts for disposal or salvage: scrap an old stove.
2. To discard or abandon as useless; cancel: scrap a plan.
intr.v. scrapped, scrap·ping, scraps
To fight, usually with the fists.
A fight or scuffle. See Synonyms at brawl.
[Perhaps variant of scrape.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||scraps - food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.