Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that screams, especially one that sings harshly or stridently.
2. Slang A sensational headline.
3. Slang One that evokes screams or laughter: The comedian's act is a real screamer.
4. Slang An exclamation point.
5. Baseball A hard-hit line drive.
6. Any of several large waterfowl of the family Anhimidae of South America, having a harsh resonant call.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that screams
2. (Animals) any goose-like aquatic bird, such as Chauna torquata (crested screamer), of the family Anhimidae of tropical and subtropical South America: order Anseriformes (ducks, geese, etc)
3. someone or something that raises screams of laughter or astonishment
4. (Journalism & Publishing) slang US and Canadian a sensational headline
a. a person or thing that is excellent of its kind
b. See two-pot screamer
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that screams.
2. Informal. something or someone causing screams of excitement, laughter, or the like.
3. a sensational headline printed in very large type.
4. any of several large, heavy-legged South American birds of the family Anhimidae, with harsh, far-carrying calls.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||screamer - someone who communicates vocally in a very loud voice|
communicator - a person who communicates with others
crier - a peddler who shouts to advertise the goods he sells
|2.||screamer - a sensational newspaper headline|
|3.||screamer - gooselike aquatic bird of South America having a harsh trumpeting call|
crested screamer - distinguished from the horned screamer by a feathery crest on the back of the head
|4.||screamer - a very hard hit ball|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
screamer[ˈskriːməʳ] N (US)
3. (Sport) (= shot) → trallazo m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005