Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that screams, especially one that sings harshly or stridently.
2. Slang A sensational headline.
3. Slang One that evokes screams or laughter: The comedian's act is a real screamer.
4. Slang An exclamation point.
5. Baseball A hard-hit line drive.
6. Any of several large waterfowl of the family Anhimidae of South America, having a harsh resonant call.
1. a person or thing that screams
2. (Animals) any goose-like aquatic bird, such as Chauna torquata (crested screamer), of the family Anhimidae of tropical and subtropical South America: order Anseriformes (ducks, geese, etc)
3. someone or something that raises screams of laughter or astonishment
4. (Journalism & Publishing) slang US and Canadian a sensational headline
a. a person or thing that is excellent of its kind
b. See two-pot screamer
1. a person or thing that screams.
2. Informal. something or someone causing screams of excitement, laughter, or the like.
3. a sensational headline printed in very large type.
4. any of several large, heavy-legged South American birds of the family Anhimidae, with harsh, far-carrying calls.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||screamer - someone who communicates vocally in a very loud voice|
communicator - a person who communicates with others
crier - a peddler who shouts to advertise the goods he sells
|2.||screamer - a sensational newspaper headline|
|3.||screamer - gooselike aquatic bird of South America having a harsh trumpeting call|
crested screamer - distinguished from the horned screamer by a feathery crest on the back of the head
|4.||screamer - a very hard hit ball|