Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to scribbling: scribbling pad
v. scrib·bled, scrib·bling, scrib·bles
1. To write (a note, for example) hurriedly without heed to legibility or style.
2. To draw (a picture) hurriedly or carelessly.
1. To write in a hurried careless way.
2. To make meaningless marks, as with a pen or pencil.
1. Careless hurried writing.
2. Meaningless marks and lines.
[Middle English scriblen, probably from scriben, to write, from Latin scrībere, to write; see skrībh- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a piece of writing or a drawing done in a hasty or illegible manner
2. censorious jocular a piece of creative writing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
A. N → garabato m
B. CPD scribbling pad N → bloc m (para apuntes o para borrador)
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
scribbling[ˈskrɪblɪŋ] n → scarabocchi mpl
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995