Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. scuffed, scuff·ing, scuffs
To scrape the feet while walking; shuffle.
1. To scrape with the feet.
2. To shuffle or shift (the feet), as in embarrassment.
3. To scrape and roughen the surface of.
1. The act or sound of scraping especially with the feet.
2. A worn or rough spot resulting from scraping.
3. A flat backless house slipper.
[Probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse skūfa, to push.]
(Clothing & Fashion) a type of lightweight sandal