Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to sculptured: sculpted
1. The art or practice of shaping figures or designs in the round or in relief, as by chiseling marble, modeling clay, or casting in metal.
a. A work of art created by sculpture.
b. Such works of art considered as a group.
3. Ridges, indentations, or other markings, as on a shell, formed by natural processes.
v. sculp·tured, sculp·tur·ing, sculp·tures
1. To fashion (stone, bronze, or wood, for example) into a three-dimensional figure.
2. To represent in sculpture: sculpture a lion.
3. To ornament with sculpture.
4. To change the shape or contour of, as by erosion.
To make sculptures or a sculpture.
[Middle English, from Latin sculptūra, from sculptus, past participle of sculpere, to carve; see skel- in Indo-European roots.]
1. (Art Terms) carved, cast, or fashioned three-dimensionally
2. resembling a sculpture
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||sculptured - cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured representations"|
|2.||sculptured - resembling sculpture; "her finely modeled features"; "rendered with...vivid sculptural effect"; "the sculpturesque beauty of the athletes' bodies"|
shapely - having a well-proportioned and pleasing shape; "a slim waist and shapely legs"