Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to sealer: Sanding sealer
1. One that seals, as an undercoat of paint or varnish used to size a surface.
2. An officer who inspects, tests, and certifies weights and measures.
One that is engaged in the hunting of seals.
1. a person or thing that seals
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (formerly in Britain and currently in the US) an official who examines the accuracy of weights and measures
3. (Chemistry) a coating of paint, varnish, etc, applied to a surface to prevent the absorption of subsequent coats
(Hunting) a person or ship occupied in hunting seals
1. a substance applied to a porous surface as a basecoat for paint, varnish, etc.
2. an officer who verifies that weights and measures are true to the standard.
a person or ship that hunts seals.
sealer, sealing - A sealer is a seal hunter and seal hunting is called sealing.
See also related terms for hunting.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sealer - a kind of sealing material that is used to form a hard coating on a porous surface (as a coat of paint or varnish used to size a surface)|
sealing material - any substance used to seal joints or fill cracks in a porous surface
|2.||sealer - an official who affixes a seal to a document|