Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to seaway: St Lawrence Seaway
1. A sea route.
2. An inland waterway for ocean shipping.
3. The headway of a ship.
4. A rough sea.
1. (Nautical Terms) a waterway giving access to an inland port, navigable by ocean-going ships
2. (Nautical Terms) a vessel's progress
3. (Nautical Terms) a rough or heavy sea
4. (Nautical Terms) a route across the sea
1. a sea route.
2. the open sea.
3. the progress of a ship through the waves.
4. a more or less rough sea.
5. a waterway giving access to a landlocked port by ocean vessels.