semiprofessional(redirected from semiprofessionally)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Taking part in a sport for pay but not on a full-time basis.
2. Composed of or engaged in by semiprofessional players.
1. A semiprofessional player.
2. One whose occupation or work has some of the characteristics of a profession or of a professional.
1. (General Sporting Terms) (of a person) engaged in an activity or sport part-time but for pay
2. (General Sporting Terms) (of an activity or sport) engaged in by semiprofessional people
3. of or relating to a person whose activities are professional in some respects: a semiprofessional pianist.
a semiprofessional person
sem•i•pro•fes•sion•al(ˌsɛm i prəˈfɛʃ ə nl, ˌsɛm aɪ-)
1. actively engaged in some field for pay but on a part-time basis: semiprofessional ball players.
2. engaged in by semiprofessional people: semiprofessional football.n.
3. a person who is semiprofessional.