Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A series or set of teeth or notches.
2. A single tooth or notch in a serrate edge.
serration(səˈreɪʃən) or less commonly
1. the state or condition of being serrated
2. a row of notches or toothlike projections on an edge
3. a single notch
also ser•ra•ture(ˈsɛr ə tʃər, -ˌtʃʊər)
1. serrated condition or form.
2. a serrated edge or formation.
3. one of the notches or teeth of such an edge or formation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||serration - the condition of being serrated; "the serrations of a city skyline"|
|2.||serration - a row of notches; "the pliers had serrations to improve the grip"|
row - an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line; "a row of chairs"
|3.||serration - a single notch in a row of notches; "one of the serrations was broken off"|
notch - a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface; "there were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
sawtooth - a serration on a saw blade