Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A realistic piece of stage scenery constructed to stand by itself.
2. An often brilliantly executed artistic or literary work characterized by a formal pattern.
a. A carefully planned and executed military operation.
b. A situation, activity, or speech planned beforehand and carried out according to a prescribed pattern or formula.
1. a work of literature, music, etc, often having a conventional or prescribed theme, intended to create an impressive effect
2. (Theatre) a piece of scenery built to stand independently as part of a stage set
3. a display of fireworks
4. (General Sporting Terms) sport a rehearsed team manoeuvre, usually attempted in continuous games at a restart of play, esp when the other side has been penalized for improper play
1. a work of art, literature, music, etc., or a part of such a work having a conventionally prescribed thematic and formal structure.
2. a piece of stage scenery built to stand independently on the floor and usu. forming part of a set.
3. any sequence of rehearsed movements or maneuvers, as in sports or military operations.
Corner, free kick, throw-in , or similar, in which predetermined tactical moves can be carried out.