Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The cardinal number equal to 1021.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1036.
[French : Latin sextus, sixth; see sextile + French -illion (as in million, million, from Old French milion; see million).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -lions or -lion
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain, France, and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 36 zeros (1036)
2. (Mathematics) (in the US and Canada) the number represented as one followed by 21 zeros (1021)
[C17: from French, from sex- + -illion, on the model of septillion]
sexˈtillionth adj, n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 21 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 36 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one sextillion in number.
sex•til′lionth, adj., n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sextillion - the number that is represented as a one followed by 21 zeros|
U.S.A., United States, United States of America, US, USA, America, the States, U.S. - North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
large integer - an integer equal to or greater than ten
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.