sextuple(redirected from sextuplely)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
sex·tu·ple(sĕk-sto͞o′pəl, -styo͞o′-, -stŭp′əl, sĕk′stŭp′əl)
tr. & intr.v. sex·tu·pled, sex·tu·pling, sex·tu·ples
To multiply or be multiplied by six.
1. Consisting of six parts or members.
2. Six times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
3. Music Having six beats to the measure.
A sixfold amount or number.
[Medieval Latin sextuplus, sixfold : Latin sextus, sixth; see sextile + -plus, -fold; see pel- in Indo-European roots.]
a quantity or number six times as great as another
1. six times as much or many; sixfold
2. consisting of six parts or members
3. (Music, other) (of musical time or rhythm) having six beats per bar
[C17: Latin sextus sixth + -uple, as in quadruple]
sex•tu•ple(sɛksˈtu pəl, -ˈtyu-, -ˈtʌp əl, ˈsɛks tʊ pəl, -tyʊ-)
adj., v. -pled, -pling. adj.
1. consisting of six parts.
2. six times as great or as many.
3. Music. characterized by six beats or pulses to the measure: sextuple rhythm.v.t., v.i.
4. to make or become six times as great.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||sextuple - having six units or components|
multiple - having or involving or consisting of more than one part or entity or individual; "multiple birth"; "multiple ownership"; "made multiple copies of the speech"; "his multiple achievements in public life"; "her multiple personalities"; "a pineapple is a multiple fruit"