Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One of six offspring born in a single birth.
2. A group or combination of six associated by common properties or behavior.
3. Music A group of six notes having the time value of four notes of the same kind.
1. (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) one of six offspring born at one birth
2. a group of six things
3. (Music, other) music a group of six notes played in a time value of four
sex•tu•plet(sɛksˈtʌp lɪt, -ˈtu plɪt, -ˈtyu-, ˈsɛks tʊ plɪt, -tyʊ-)
1. a group or combination of six things.
2. one of six offspring born at one birth.
3. sextuplets, six children or offspring born of one pregnancy.
4. Music. a group of six notes of equal value performed in the same time normally taken to perform four.