Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The skin of a shark.
2. Leather made from the skin of a shark.
3. A synthetic fabric having a smooth, somewhat shiny surface.
4. A worsted fabric of a twill weave, having a slightly shiny appearance and used especially for suits.
(Textiles) a smooth glossy fabric of acetate rayon, used for sportswear, etc
1. a smooth fabric of acetate or rayon with a dull or chalklike appearance, for apparel.
2. a fine worsted fabric in twill weave, compact in texture and light to medium in weight.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sharkskin - a smooth crisp fabric|