Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The skin of a shark.
2. Leather made from the skin of a shark.
3. A synthetic fabric having a smooth, somewhat shiny surface.
4. A worsted fabric of a twill weave, having a slightly shiny appearance and used especially for suits.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Textiles) a smooth glossy fabric of acetate rayon, used for sportswear, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a smooth fabric of acetate or rayon with a dull or chalklike appearance, for apparel.
2. a fine worsted fabric in twill weave, compact in texture and light to medium in weight.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sharkskin - a smooth crisp fabric|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
sharkskin[ˈʃɑːkskɪn] N → zapa f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005