Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to she'd: alleviated, Disingenuity, impetuosity, Machinations, ruly, Perseverant, they'd
1. Contraction of she had.
2. Contraction of she would.
she had or she would
1. a slight or rude structure built for shelter, storage, etc.
2. a large, strongly built structure, often open at the sides or end.
[1475–85; appar. variant, orig. dial., of shade]
v. shed, shed•ding,
1. to pour forth; let fall: to shed tears.
2. to give or send forth (light, influence, etc.).
3. to resist being penetrated or affected by: cloth that sheds water.
4. to cast off or lose (leaves, skin, etc.) by natural process.
5. Textiles. to separate (the warp) in forming a shed.v.i.
6. to fall off, as leaves.
7. to drop out, as hair or grain.
8. to cast off hair, skin, or other covering or parts by natural process.n.
9. Textiles. (on a loom) a triangular, transverse opening created between raised and lowered warp threads through which the shuttle passes in depositing the loose pick.
[before 950; (v.), Old English scēadan, variant of sceādan, c. Old Frisian skētha, Old High German sceidan, Gothic skaidan to separate]
shed′a•ble, shed′da•ble, adj.
1. contraction of she had.
2. contraction of she would.