Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One that sheds, as a long-haired animal or a molting snake.
2. A lobster or crab that is shedding or has just shed.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that sheds
2. (Zoology) an animal, such as a llama, snake, or lobster, that moults
3. (Agriculture) NZ a person who milks cows in a milking shed
4. (Professions) NZ a person who milks cows in a milking shed
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that sheds.
2. a lobster, crab, etc., just before it molts.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.