Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The act of shearing sheep.
2. The time or season when sheep are sheared.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Agriculture) the act or process of shearing sheep
2. (Agriculture) the season or an occasion of shearing sheep
3. (Agriculture) a feast held on such an occasion
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an act or instance of shearing sheep.
2. the time or season of shearing sheep.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sheepshearing - the time or season when sheep are sheared|
season - a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field; "he celebrated his 10th season with the ballet company"; "she always looked forward to the avocado season"
|2.||sheepshearing - a festival held at the time sheep are normally sheared|
|3.||sheepshearing - act of shearing sheep|
shearing - removing by cutting off or clipping
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.