References in classic literature ?
On Quilp's Wharf, Daniel Quilp was a ship-breaker, yet to judge from these appearances he must either have been a ship-breaker on a very small scale, or have broken his ships up very small indeed.
It matters not what stranded ships repairing in dry docks I lost myself among, what old hulls of ships in course of being knocked to pieces, what ooze and slime and other dregs of tide, what yards of ship-builders and ship-breakers, what rusty anchors blindly biting into the ground though for years off duty, what mountainous country of accumulated casks and timber, how many rope-walks that were not the Old Green Copper.
She was decommissioned in 1997 and sold through an online auction to a ship-breaker.
According to the South Korean ship-breaker which now owns the Megafloat, buoys will be attached to the structure to refloat it and several tugboats will try to pull it further ashore by Feb.
SHIP-BREAKER and developer Able UK has been given the green light for a pounds 400m renewable energy centre on Humberside.
The brutal world of the ship-breaker is repeated across the beaches of neighbouring India, Pakistan, China and Turkey, though it is the coastline between the towns of Bhatiara and Sitakunda to the north of Chittagong that lay claim to the most chaotic and deadly of all.
The 34-year-old Billingham firm is a land developer and ship-breaker with 450 staff and best known recently for its dismantling of the US Navy "ghost ships" and is currently developing land for the construction of a series of wind turbines.
The commercial contractor who will carry out the work has not yet been agreed, but will be a recognised ship-breaker with all necessary skills and competencies.
Billingham-based developer and ship-breaker Able UK has joined forces with Welsh firm Xanthus Energy to open a factory in the region.
Sales tax from steel melters and re-rollers is collected on the basis of electricity consumption whereas ship-breakers are paying sales tax on the basis of LDT of ships imported for breaking.
He formed high-powered committee comprising member FBR and FPCCI nominees to hammer out problems of ship-breakers and steel rerolling mills while notices issued to them have been withdrawn.
Hughes-Bolckow remained in business as ship-breakers until as recently as the 1980s.
Dictionary browser ?
- ship chandler
- Ship chandlery
- ship counter
- ship fever
- ship haven
- Ship in ballast
- ship influence
- Ship joiner
- Ship letter
- ship money
- ship of state
- ship of the line
- ship off
- ship out
- Ship pendulum
- Ship railway
- ship route
- ship’s papers
- shipboard duty
- shipboard soldier
- shipboard system
- shipbuilding industry
- Shipka Pass
- Shipman's card
Full browser ?
- Ship's Service Diesel Generator
- Ship's Service Force
- Ship's Service Gas Turbine Generator
- Ship's Service Man, Cobbler
- Ship's Service Man, Laundryman
- Ship's Service Man, Tailor
- Ship's Serviceman First Class
- Ship's Serviceman Second Class
- Ship's Serviceman Third Class
- Ship's Stores and Commissary Stores
- Ship's Stores Ashore
- Ship's Stores Profit
- Ship's Subsystem Integration List
- Ship's Support Requirement Code
- Ship's System Staging Diagram
- Ship's Training and Alignment Verification
- Ship's Warrant
- Ship's Weapon Coordinator
- Ship, Nautical Marine Engineers
- Ship, Principal Measurements of a
- Ship, Submersible, Ballistic
- Ship, Submersible, Ballistic, Nuclear
- Ship, Submersible, Guided Missile, Nuclear
- Ship, Submersible, Nuclear
- Ship-Air-Surface-Submarine Tactical Information Exchange System
- Ship-Aircraft Airwake Analysis for Enhanced Dynamic Interface
- ship-and-galley tile
- Ship-Based Long-Range Missile System
- Ship-based System Integration Test
- Ship-Board Laser Acquisition System
- Ship-Launched Cruise Missile
- Ship-Source Oil Pollution Fund
- ship-tended acoustic relay
- Ship-timber beetle
- Ship-to-Component Record
- Ship-to-Shore Connector
- Ship-to-Shore Logistics Control Center
- ship-to-shore movement
- ship-to-shore movement