shipway(redirected from shipways)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The structure supporting a ship during construction or in dry dock.
2. See ship canal.
1. (Nautical Terms) the structure on which a vessel is built, then launched
2. (Nautical Terms) a canal used by ships
1. the structure that supports a ship being built.
2. a canal navigable by ships.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||shipway - structure consisting of a sloping way down to the water from the place where ships are built or repaired|
shipyard - a workplace where ships are built or repaired
|2.||shipway - a canal large enough for seagoing vessels|
canal - long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation