Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. An enclosed target range for practice or competition with firearms.
2. Slang A place where illegal drugs may be obtained, prepared, and taken by injection, often with equipment provided on the premises.
1. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) an area, often enclosed, designed for target practice, shooting, etc
2. (Recreational Drugs) slang a house where heroin addicts inject themselves
1. a place equipped with targets and used for practice in shooting.
2. Slang. a place where drug addicts can buy and inject themselves with narcotic drugs.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||shooting gallery - a building (usually abandoned) where drug addicts buy and use heroin|
building, edifice - a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place; "there was a three-story building on the corner"; "it was an imposing edifice"
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
|2.||shooting gallery - an enclosed firing range with targets for rifle or handgun practice|