short-winded(redirected from short-windedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Breathing with quick labored breaths.
2. Likely to have difficulty in breathing, especially from exertion.
3. Brief and succinct.
4. Choppy; disconnected.
1. tending to run out of breath, esp after exertion
2. (of speech or writing) terse or abrupt
1. short of breath.
2. brief or concise; to the point, as in speech or writing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||short-winded - breathing laboriously or convulsively|