Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A small show offered in addition to the main attraction, as at a circus.
2. A diversion or spectacle that is incidental to a larger set of circumstances or a bigger issue of concern.
1. (Theatre) a small show or entertainment offered in conjunction with a larger attraction, as at a circus or fair
2. a subordinate event or incident
1. a minor show or exhibition in connection with a principal one, as at a circus.
2. any subordinate event or spectacle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sideshow - a subordinate incident of little importance relative to the main event; "instruction is not an educational sideshow"|
incident - a single distinct event
|2.||sideshow - a minor show that is part of a larger one (as at the circus)|
show - the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining; "a remarkable show of skill"